We have been closely monitoring the weather forecast at Bogus Basin for this weekend. Unfortunately there is a high chance of snow accumulation of 6”-7” between Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. In addition, the temperature on Saturday is forecast for a high of 32 with a wind chill of only 17-24 degrees throughout the day. These conditions are far outside of what is considered safe for a NICA event. We will assess all resources tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon to check for any improvement in the forecast which may allow for us to proceed with the event. Status updates and/or decisions will be communicated by 7:00 PM Wednesday.

Please understand that our decision making process will be prioritized as follows:
1- Safety of all riders, coaches, spectators, volunteers and staff
2- Preservation of trails and other areas of our venues
3- Financial impact on the IICL and participants including travel time/expense
4- Impact on series points and team standings

Complete details of the Idaho Interscholastic Cycling League Weather Policy can be found HERE

In order to answer some of the questions regarding a possible cancellation, here are a few FAQs:

If cancelled, will the race be rescheduled for a later date?
No, the long-range forecast is showing continued probability of precipitation/cold temps through next weekend. Looking to reschedule beyond then presents too high of a risk as winter approaches. In addition, the availability of venues is restricted. Lastly, while many families may be able to attend a rescheduled race, some may not due to other obligations already on the calendar. It would be unfair to those who could not make it to a rescheduled race.

Is it possible to relocate to another venue?
Unfortunately this is not a possibility. Hosting a NICA event for 1,500-2,000 total attendees is a very logistically challenging endeavor. It takes months of planning to coordinate with local municipalities, EMS, food vendors, volunteers, staff, etc. In addition, it is a lengthy process to certify a venue to host a NICA event.

What happens with regard to the season points for both individuals and teams, and how will we handle the awards for a cancelled state championship race?
- The season will become a best 3 out of 4 series with the worst points value race being dropped to determine the individual series results.
- No state championship bonus points will apply.
- The “all race” 25-point bonus will be awarded for those racers who completed races 1-4.
- Team points will be based on the totals from races 1-4, no drops and no bonuses factored in.
- Awards will be mailed to team directors for all riders on their teams who earned a series podium spot as well as overall team awards.
- A 2017 awards recognition ceremony will be held at race #1 of the 2018 season.

Will there be refunds for race fees?
Per the IICL Refund/Transfer Policy (HERE) refunds are not provided for a cancelled race. We understand that not everyone agrees with this policy, however we ask that you keep the following reasons in mind as to why we have this policy:
- The IICL is a non-profit organization that runs on a limited annual budget.
- We have already accrued many expenses for this event and cannot recoup those in the event of a cancellation.
- Providing large-scale refunds will have a long-term negative financial impact on our league.

Has the deadline to register in the Pit Zone been extended?
Yes, the Pit Zone will remain open for online registration until a final determination is made.

Thanks in advance for your understanding. This is a very difficult decision to make and especially with all the hard work each and every student-athlete, coach, parent, volunteer and core-staff member has put into this season.

We will keep everyone updated as forecasts are evaluated and decisions are made.

ID Sponsor Block
Powered by Mad Mimi®A GoDaddy® company