Canada's new Health Minister, Jane Philpott, announced on November 17th that she will be striving towards increasing access to abortion in rural Canada.
The Abortion Rights Coalition of Canada (ARCC) has given recommendations to the Government to do the following:
▪ screen out pro-life doctors in medical school
▪ increase surgical time for abortions in rural hospitals
▪ give full funding for 'emergency contraceptives' and
▪ remove all remaining restrictions on abortion in New Brunswick and PEI
No definite plan of action has been announced yet.
For more information please see the article below:
New Liberal health minister vows to expand abortion in small town Canada
Abortion access in Canada needs to be equalized, says health minister
The newly elected Liberal government have been strong in their support of a woman's right to choose with Prime Minster Justin Trudeau announcing last year that all Liberal MP's would have to vote along pro-choice party lines if the topic were to ever come up in the House of Commons. Click here to see article.
With abortion being legal up until full term in Canada and an estimated 100, 000 babies not making it past the womb because of abortion each year in Canada it is important that we continue to be a voice on this issue.
Thank you for considering what you can do.
1. SHARE: Please share this information with your family and friends and encourage them to be a voice on this issue. Also post it to your social media networks. Click here for the link.
2. BE A VOICE: We encourage you to email the Prime Minister, your MP and Health Minister Jane Philpott to express your strong concerns with this decision. You can also encourage her to use tax payer dollars to reduce wait times on essential medical services such as heart surgery, donor transplants etc. rather than spending money on a non-essential medical service such as abortion.
To find your MP by postal code click here.
Health Minister Jane Philpott
Phone: 905 640 1221 Email address: email@example.com
Prime Minster Justin Trudeau
Phone: 1 613 995 0253 Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. PRAY: Pray for the value of life to be upheld in Canada and for laws to be instituted that protect the unborn.