GOVERNMENT & MPS PREPARE FOR RETURN TO PARLIAMENT
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his Cabinet Ministers recently met in Sudbury, Ontario to prepare for the fall session of Parliament and to discuss government strategy on a number of issues. Parliament is set to sit again for the fall session beginning on September 19th.
ISSUES TO WATCH IN FALL 2016
Key issues that we will be following in the coming months include:
- Electoral Reform: The electoral reform committee has yet to formally commit to or reject a national referendum. We believe this is a crucial and necessary democratic step. (Please read our update on electoral reform to learn how you can be a voice on this issue.)
- Bill C-225, Cassie and Molly's Law: Bill C-225 will be debated in parliament for a second time & will see it's first vote on October 5th. For more information, please click here.
- Motion M-47: M-47, calling on a special committee to study the impact that violent sexual content has on youth and adults, will be debated and voted on in parliament this fall. Click here to learn more.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
1) PRAY: Please keep all of the above issues, your MP, our Prime Minister and the government in prayer for wisdom and discernment as they begin this new session.
2) ACT: Please contact your MP to tell them you want to see a national referendum on electoral reform and to ask them to vote to support C-225 and M-47 at all stages.
Visit your MP in person before Sept. 19th (most effective method), or send them an e-mail.
Click HERE to find your MP by postal code.
Click HERE to access the Easy Mail tool and e-mail your MP within minutes.