We have an exciting opportunity. MY Canada is looking for a part-time assistant director to help with building and stewarding the on-going vision of the MY Canada Association. If you are someone you know fits the bill we would be honoured to receive your application.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following.
▪ Help strategize and build projects and on-going activities which will educate, motivate and resource Canadian Christians to be a voice to advance Godly values in Canada.
▪ Help with special event planning and oversight (an average of 2-3 events per year).
▪ Build volunteer teams and give oversight.
▪ Keep on top of national current event issues, do minor website updates & national communications.
▪ Help grow and give oversight to the Justice Wall.
▪ Help give oversight to national prayer calls.
▪ Participate in partnership development.
▪ There may be opportunity for public speaking & minimal travel to national networking events.
▪ Work closely with National Director, Faytene Grasseschi to ensure overall objectives of the organization are progressing effectively.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes.
▪ Be spiritually mature in matters of the Christian faith.
▪ Have a deep love for Canada.
▪ Have a pioneering spirit and gifting.
▪ Have a passion for social justice issues such as fighting abortion, fighting human trafficking, fighting poverty, standing for good stewardship of the environment, fighting for the strength of the family unit, fighting for freedom of religion and conscience etc.
▪ Be extremely self motivated and able to work effectively & undistracted from home.
▪ Be organized and have good attention to detail.
▪ Have excellent follow through, time management and ability to supervise themselves.
▪ Be comfortable with computers, basic word processing software and preferably spreadsheets as well.
▪ Work well with others both in a leadership role and as a team member (aka: able to both give and receive instruction).
▪ Have a reliable internet connection.
Skills and attributes that would be an asset but are not necessary:
▪ Have access to their own computer for work purposes.
▪ Have been involved with MY Canada or TheCRY initiatives in the past.
▪ Have experience in graphic design or video production.
▪ Intend to stay with this position for at least 2 years, hopefully longer.
Hours: Part Time / 20+ hrs a week (with the potential to move to full time).
Salary: $1800 / month (with potential for increase or to raise personal support for a full time salary).
Start Day: Negotiable
Please send a cover letter, resume, at least 3 references who can verify your work ethic and 3 references who can verify your spiritual maturity to firstname.lastname@example.org (attention: Faytene Grasseschi). Your work and spiritual references can be the same people if these individuals are comfortable to accurately answer questions in both areas.
Application Deadline: Nov. 18th, 2015 (the earlier the better).