Free Water Security Booklet from EPA
EPA's water security program has developed a wide range of tools to help systems of all sizes. Their tools all support one or more of the "10 Key Features of an Active & Effective Water Security Program", which you may recall from our previous featured video. Below we've listed the 10 key features:
1. Integrate protective concepts into organizational culture, leadership, and daily operations.
2. Identify and support protective program priorities, resources, and measures.
3. Employ protocols for detection of contamination.
4. Assess risks and review vulnerability assessments.
5. Establish facility and information access controls.
6. Incorporate resiliency concepts into physical infrastructure.
7. Prepare, test and update emergency response, recovery and business continuity plans.
8. Form partnerships with peers and interdependent sectors.
9. Develop and implement internal and external communication strategies.
10. Monitor incidents and threat level information.
With so much information available, it can be difficult to know where to begin. This booklet from EPA provides a great starting point for self-assessment and planning the most-needed next steps. Note: It is designed to be printed double-sided, folded, and stapled down the middle.