COVID Banner

See below for today's COVID-19 information. Please forward as widely as you would like.
I want to hear from you, contact me anytime.

What's New Today?

I have some more "cabin-fever" style links for you today, and some news and resources.

Movie Un-Recommendations

I had to share this article, since I have watched at least three of these terrible movies that Netflix recommended! I love their tips on how to spot them: "never heard of it? It's probably for a reason!" "A-listers in movie vehicles that just don't work!" "It looks an awful lot like another good movie you saw, but something’s off..."

Follow Mukilteo PD

Today's video is great, with some tips from Chief Kang. Follow them at [Mukilteo Police Department on Facebook]( Watch to appreciate some dry PD humor. You can always just check out that link and not join Facebook, too!

Library Online Programming

Sno-Isle is bringing many of their programs online today! Book Clubs, storytime, and even pub trivia!
Weekly online Pub Trivia for adults goes live at 7 p.m. tonight, with the theme “Spring is in the Air.” Tonight's session is full, but future events will be available at this link.

Sno-Isle has a kids and families weekly trivia event in the works but not yet scheduled.

SBA Applications

Business tip- make sure to use Internet Explorer to file SBA loan applications. Apparently, you won't know it, but other browsers could result in incorrect filings.

A Zoo in Your Living Room?

IMG 3386

On an iPhone or Android device, type an animal's name into Google (e.g., "tiger") and then scroll down to where it says “meet a life size tiger” and press "view in 3D." Toggle the switch at the top to AR then a few seconds later you have a tiger superimposed in your house. You can walk around it to see it from all sides and the kids can pose with it. This tiger is wondering when he can meet the City Council.

You can also find a:
Lion, Cheetah, Shark, Hedgehog, Duck, Emperor penguin, Wolf, Angler fish, Rottweiler, Snake, Eagle, Brown bear, Alligator, Horse, Shetland pony, Macaw, Pug, Turtle, Cat, Octopus, Dog and Golden Retriever

New Resources Today

Call 211 for Coronavirus Help
The state Department of Health is partnering with Washington 211 to
answer your questions about coronavirus from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Pacific Daylight Time seven days a week, and better provide the
information you need, the way you want it. Washington 211 replaces
the department’s novel coronavirus call center. Callers should continue
to dial 1-800-525-0127 and press # to be transferred to a Washington
211 call taker. You can also text the word “Coronavirus” to 211-211 for

Self-Care and Nurturing in Troubled Times Webinar: Monday, April 13, 2020 from 10:00 A.M. to 11 A.M.
Frida Rundell, Ph.D. and LPC, is hosting a free webinar to help address anxiety and fears within individuals, families, and communities through self-care during the COVID-19 pandemic. Register online here.

Not new, but remember Domestic Violence Services of SnoCo has 24 hour helpline at 425-252-2873. Call anytime, it's okay to ask for help.

Community Transit

Community Transit continues to respond to the over 70% reduction in ridership with trip reductions. Our 113 local route is running hourly, with a couple every half hour trips in the afternoon. The morning commuter runs have 6 trips southward between them.

Residential Eviction Moratorium Help

COVID-19 Eviction Moratorium Complaint form: The Washington State Attorney General’s Office created an online form for complaints about evictions in violation of the Governor’s moratorium on certain residential evictions during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Solid Ground is a non-profit dedicated to ensuring housing stability for tenants and homeowners. Solid Ground is available to answer questions via their Tenant Services Message Line at 206-694-6767. Leave a message and someone will return your call.
- Landlord/tenant disputes are inherently a legal issue. The Northwest Justice Project (NJP) can help connect you with legal resources to protect your rights. They provide legal assistance to qualifying individuals on non-criminal matters. You can reach NJP through the CLEAR hotline at 1-888-201-1014 weekdays between 9:15 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.
- Tenants Union of Washington State is a non-profit dedicated to protecting the rights of Washingtonian renters. The Tenants Union gives neighborly advice on how to deal with your landlord, approach disputes and your options when facing eviction. They are not legal experts and cannot provide direct counsel. You can reach their hotline at 206-723-0500.

For Homeowners:
- The Washington State Foreclosure Prevention Resource Guide, assembled by the Attorney General’s office, is also a great resource for homeowners in distress.
- Legal Assistance is available through the Northwest Justice Project and Snohomish County Legal Services. You can contact the Northwest Justice Project CLEAR hotline at 1-888-201-1014.

What Can You Do?

cloth face covers

Face Covering guidelines from the CDC available here.

Interested in donating face covers? Get instructions here:

Follow Physical Distancing Guidelines, stay 6 feet away from anyone you don't live with.

Use hand sanitizer/wipes as you enter a grocery store (the Mukilteo QFC has wet wipes available at the entrance). Wash hands immediately upon returning home.

Tell Others to also stay at home and stay apart.

Give blood- schedule online (to help minimize social contact) at (no mobile blood drives because they have issues transporting themselves to sites. But they have great procedures in place at their facilities).

Leave Some for Your Neighbors, Your Healthcare Providers, and Emergency Responders
• Your actions matter!
• Buy what you need and leave supplies for your neighbors, healthcare providers, and emergency responders.

If you feel like you need to reach out for support, do not hesitate to contact the Disaster Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to talk with crisis specialists. They are available 24/7.

Looking for ways to help? This state site is a good one stop shop for individuals and businesses:

City Information

All parks are closed except for 76th Street/Community Garden entrance to Japanese Gulch for trail access. If you want to access Big Gulch, I would encourage you to park at the library, rather than on the street near 92nd Street Park.

Trails and sidewalks continue to be open for your physical activity! Please respect physical distance of six feet.

All City Facilities closure: City operations will continue via primarily phone, email and online. The public is encouraged to call (425) 263-8000 for assistance with City services or visit our website at

Remember the non-emergency number at (425) 407-3999 or email If you have an emergency, call 911. (But don't call with questions about the Governor's order and what's open or not). You can also report violations or questions about violations to the State via this link.

For more information on city facilities, see this link.

Case Count

Current case count is 43 confirmed or probable COVID-19 cases identified in Mukilteo, with no deaths amongst those cases. County case counts are available at this link, updated each weekday at 2pm.

General Resource Links

City of Mukilteo COVID-19 page

Snohomish Health District
Washington State Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
COVID-19 Testing Guidelines from Public Health – Seattle & King County
Find information in other languages
Washington State COVID-19 Response

What to do if you are sick: CDC Resources

Watch out for COVID related scams. If you are unsure about whether something is real or a scam, the Justice Department created a central fraud hotline (1-866-720-5721 or You can also call the non-emergency line at 425-407-3999.

Comprehensive Resource List

Learn if your business is considered essential and can continue to operate following the Governor’s March 23 Stay Home, Stay Healthy order.
• Would you like to request to be essential (or not)? Fill out this form: to petition this issue.
• The Washington Department of Commerce has created a list of crisis planning tools and resources where you can get information about emergency grants, disaster loans, and other small business support.
• The Washington State Department of Revenue has information about tax filing deadlines, extensions, and relief.
• Greater Seattle Partners, City of Seattle, and the Chamber have launched a survey for businesses, freelancers, and gig workers to learn about needs and help target future support.
Comprehensive and Updated FAQs For Employers on the COVID-19 Coronavirus – Fisher Phillips

Snohomish County Links
Local SnoCo resources for businesses
Federal Small Business Adminstration Loans
King County Public Health signs for businesses to post

Cash assistance calculator: from the federal government’s stimulus package, of up to $1,200 per person depending on income, will be sent to households in early April.
• If you have lost your job due to COVID-19, you can file for unemployment benefits.
Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
Resources for Restaurant Workers
• Mortgage and Rent. If you don’t have enough money to pay your rent or mortgage, contact your lender or landlord immediately. Otherwise, some suggestions are below:
--Washington Homeownership Hotline (877-894-HOME)
--Consumer Financial Protection Bureau suggestions
--Rental assistance & counseling (800-569-4287)
--List of Housing Counseling Agencies
--For renters, the Governor issued a statewide moratorium on evictions of residential tenants for non-payment of rent until April 17
• Federal Student loans. If you need help with your student loans, you may be able to temporarily suspend your payments by applying for a deferment or forbearance from the US Department of Education.
• Utility bills. If you need help paying your utility bills, contact your service provider immediately.
--Puget Sound Energy and PUD will not shut off service during the emergency. Most utilities also offer assistance programs for people in need.
--The Utilities and Transportation Commission offers energy assistance programs.
--The federal government offers assistance programs to help with telephone and heating bills.
o Comcast is offering free WiFi hot spots, unlimited data, and no disconnects or late fees.
• Health Insurance. The Washington State Insurance Commissioner has information about health insurance, as well as how to get insurance through the Washington State Exchange if you need it.
• Food assistance. If you need help with food, every school district in the state is providing grab and go lunches for children, and there is additional help at many local food banks including the Mukilteo Food Bank.

• If you feel like you need to reach out for support, do not hesitate to contact the Disaster Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to talk with crisis specialists. They are available 24/7.
• Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County has their 24 hour support hotline available for those not feeling safe at home- 425-252-2873
Restaurants that are open for take out or delivery- access this list, developed by city staff with great support from business owners in the community.
This is another countywide link, with similar info.
Special Shopping Hours for Seniors, Other At-Risk People
A number of local grocery stores have special shopping hours for senior citizens and others with vulnerable immune systems.
QFC begins this week, 7-8am Monday-Thursday.
Albertsons, Haggen, and Safeway Tues. & Thurs. from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.; Target Wednesdays, first hour after opening; Whole Foods Daily, one hour before opening to the general public.
Discounted laptops for nonprofits and low-income households

• Social/Sober Support
Alcoholics Anonymous
Narcotics Anonymous
Unity Recovery
Suboxone Forum
Support Groups Central
LifeRing Secular Recovery
In the Rooms
Medication Assisted Recovery (MARA)

Powered by Mad Mimi®A GoDaddy® company