Special Notice On behalf of URI Parking Services: We are happy to report the Fall 2013 transportation improvements on the Kingston Campus. These incl
On behalf of URI Parking Services: We are happy to report the Fall 2013 transportation improvements on the Kingston Campus. These include renovated and expanded parking lots, additional shuttle services and a web page to track exactly where the shuttle is during the day. Below are the details:
▪ Parking lot renovations: This summer, several campus lots were repaired, reconfigured or expanded. These include: Plains Road Lot offers expanded commuter parking supported by shuttle bus services on the northwest portion of campus; Fine Arts Center Lot spaces have been reallocated between commuter students, visitors, faculty and staff and to accommodate parking for events in the northern district of the campus; and Keaney Lot where more space was added for general student parking.
▪ Shuttle Services: The Kingston Connection shuttle resumes Sept. 3 and for September will include an additional bus during peak morning hours to better serve the needs of students, faculty and staff. In addition to the Hill Climber and Blue Line schedules, an additional bus will run between 7:45 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. This increased service will benefit commuters parked in the newly expanded Plains Road Lot as well as those in the Flagg Road Lots. Parking Services will monitor the use and demand for the increased services and if necessary extend services to serve the needs of the community.
▪ Where is that Shuttle?: We've added a new GPS system to show the real-time location of our shuttle buses to better serve the community. Check it out at bus.apps.uri.edu.
▪ New Parking Zones: Parking on the east side of Upper College Road from Route 138 to Campus Avenue/Briar Lane has been changed to Commuter Student parking, weekdays from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Likewise, Lower College Road from Route 138 to Campus Avenue is also now Commuter Student parking. A commuter permit is required. A portion at the south end of Upper College Road is reserved for the Kingston Library parking, which is identified by signs.
▪ New Roadways: Plains Road has been extended to make travel to and from the west side of the campus more convenient. A reminder: This road passes through a portion of the athletic district and the speed limit is 25 MPH.
▪ Permits: Student parking permits expire Aug. 31 and new permits are required. To purchase, visit the Parking & Transportation website. Place your printed receipt on your dashboard as a temporary parking pass for up to 21 days to allow for delivery/pickup of your permit. All parking regulations will be enforced beginning Sept. 1.
For the new Kingston Campus parking map, more information on parking, and campus shuttle and state-wide bus services, visit the Parking and Transportation Services website http://www.uri.edu/parking, or call URI Parking Services at 401-874-9281.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Parking and Transportation Services