Message From Susy The time has come to join the celebrations. I invite everyone to make a commitment to fair trade during Fair Trade Fortnight from
Message From Susy
The time has come to join the celebrations.
I invite everyone to make a commitment to fair trade during Fair Trade Fortnight from the 5th to the 20th of May. The choices you make on how to spend your money can have a significant impact on people in developing countries, farmers and producers.
I urge you to consider changing one of your shopping habits. Remember every one of your choices matters!!!!! And there are plenty of opportunities for you to make a difference. Here are a few ideas….
• For the next two weeks only buy fair trade coffee or tea for your morning break or afternoon break
• If your local coffee shop does not sell fair trade coffee or tea, ask them to consider introducing it.
• Buy a meaningful and fairly traded gift for your mother this Mothers’ Day.
• Attend one of the many events around Victoria and Australia to demonstrate your support.
• Organise your own special event on World Fair Trade Day on the 12th of May.
• Visit your local fair trade shop.
• Encourage your workplace to have a Fair Trade Morning Tea.
• Don’t feel guilty; indulge in plenty of fair trade chocolate.
Moral Fairground is getting behind Fair Trade Fortnight in a big way. I am proud that so many wonderful people are supporting the fortnight and making great things happen. We have organised something for everyone. Our events include a vibrant fair trade market ) just in time for Mothers’ Day) as well as free public talks and forums, an art display a special Mothers’ Day children’s activity program and a Fair Trade Morning Break at Docklands. So come along to learn a bit about fair trade or buy something special for mum, and go into the running to win some great prizes.
I look forward to seeing you at the events and I look forward to a great Fair Trade Fortnight.
A big Thank You to all the sponsors and supporters of the 2012 Victorian Fair Trade Festival
Are you a self starter with a passion for fair trade and ethical business? Are you looking for a new challenge and to make a real difference in promoting fair trade in Australia?
Moral fairground is looking for new members to join it's small team, with a view to director appointment in the medium term.
We're looking for people with skills and interests in event management, conscious capitalism, ethical marketing and with an interest in taking Moral Fairground to the next level.
The role will involve developing connections, finances and events, including identifying the right venues, securing suppliers and exhibitors and co-designing programs. This is also a leadership role which will involve contributing to the future direction and development of the organisation.
We now have a job description in place, If you think you got what it takes get in touch with Susanna Susanna