Adam McKinney and Daniel Banks, Ph.D.,
▪ An excerpt from HaMapah/The Map was performed at the Ailey Citigroup Theatre as part of Jodi Kaplan and Associates' Booking Dance Showcase for APAP (Association of Performing Arts Presenters conference)
▪ To read an article from the performance, click here
DNAWORKS led a Multi-generational Movement Workshop at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC in Newton, MA
Adam's students from New Mexico School of the Arts performed his choreography on the Senate Floor at the New Mexico House of Representatives
▪ HaMapah/The Map toured to the Jewish Community Center in Manhattan, New York
DNAWORKS led a dinner conversation on social justice and the arts at the JCC in Manhattan
Daniel guest lectured for the MFA Playwriting Program at University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
DNAWORKS hosted a residency in Santa Fe for composer Kenneth Norris (Hamburg, Germany) and playwright Janine Carter (NY, NY) at the inspiring [Encantado Resort](http://www.aubergeresorts.com/hotels-resorts/encantado/) to work on the new opera [_What Light from Darkness Grows_](http://www.whatlight.com/). Many thanks to Encantado for supporting this project!
▪ HaMapah/The Map toured to the MITEU Festival in Ourense, Spain
An excerpt of HaMapah/The Map debuted in Albuquerque, NM at North 4th Art Center
▪ Daniel spoke on a panel for The State of Hip Hop: Diverse Methods of Learning Conference
Daniel spoke on creating international service learning projects at the NM Highland University Media Arts Department Retreat at the beautiful [Los Poblanos](http://www.lospoblanos.com/) retreat and conference center.
Zelda Yarmuk's catalogue has been completed thanks to intern Liz Miles and in-house archivist Amanda Adams-Louis. We are circulating it to museums with the hopes of finding a permanent home for this important collection.
▪ DNAWORKS is thrilled to welcome new Project Manager Georgina Escobar to the team. Georgina comes to us a native of Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. She received her MFA in Dramatic Writing from the University of New Mexico, BMS from UT El Paso, and Certification from both Stella Adler Conservatory of Acting in New York City and The Actors Center in San Diego, CA. She is the founder of Fourth Wall Productions: an independent entertainment consulting company for music, theatre and film and has consulted for companies like Live Nation, Latino Events and Marketing Services, Green Dot, Creativ3s, and AEG.
DNAWORKS in Serbia
▪ DNAWORKS will present HaMapah/The Map during the Passing the Flame Festival in Belgrade, Serbia, for the 20th Anniversary of DAH Theatre, June 13-16, 2011.
DNAWORKS has been invited to bring this work because of the strife remaining in Serbia due to the war that fractured families in the former Yugoslav society. There is much healing to be done in this region, especially for those citizens who embody multiple cultures.
DNAWORKS in Hungary (Part III)
Zsuzsanna Kozak interviews Co-Directors Adam McKinney and Daniel Banks in 2010
DNAWORKS Theatre Workshop at the Roma and Friends Camp 2010
Hungarian Teachers' Support Network 2010
Roma and Friends Camp 2010
DNAWORKS in Italy
▪ DNAWORKS will present HaMapah/The Map at the Spoleto Fringe Festival on July 5 and 7, 2011.
The Spoleto Fringe, in its third year, coincides with the Spoleto Festival of Two Worlds in the historic town in Umbria. Spoleto Fringe has invited DNAWORKS because of the unique nature of the performance, HaMapah/The Map, and current issues surrounding identity, heritage, and immigration in Western Europe.
Adam McKinney in HaMapah/The Map. Photograph by Laphotographeuse
Release of Say Word! Voices from Hip Hop Theater
DNAWORKS is thrilled to announce the July release of Say Word! Voices from Hip Hop Theater, a critical anthology of plays edited and with commentary by DNAWORKS Co-Director Daniel Banks.
For a limited time, advance copies can be ordered at a discount ($24) from University of Michigan Press -- use promo code SAYWORD. Daniel will be in Chicago on August 13, 1pm, at the Palmer House Hotel to sign copies as part of the Association for Theatre in Higher Education conference. Plans for a September signing in NY are underway!
Want to support DNAWORKS'
Eastern European tour this summer?
Thank you to all our supporters who have contributed to this campaign! We have almost reached our target goal!
From all of us at DNAWORKS,
DNAWORKS is an arts and service organization committed to healing through the arts and dialogue. DNAWORKS catalyzes performance and action through the arts. In our work and global initiatives, our philosophy is:
ART = RITUAL = HEALING = COMMUNITY.
DNAWORKS is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization.
Contributions in behalf of DNAWORKS may be made payable to Fractured Atlas and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Click here to make a tax-deductible donation on behalf of DNAWORKS.