May 12, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
3:00 - 5:00 pm
Grant Park, Downtown Chicago
ANNOUNCING... DR. ANDREW WAKEFIELD
The American Rally for Personal Rights is delighted to announce its keynote speaker, Dr. Andrew Wakefield. His remarks will underscore the central message of the rally, that vaccination choice is a fundamental human right. He will talk about the suppression of science and the real dangers to the universal childhood vaccination program due to the absence of free and informed consent.
Dr. Wakefield, MB, BS, FRCS, FRCPath is an academic gastroenterologist. He received his medical degree from St. Mary’s Hospital Medical School (part of the University of London) in 1981, one of the third generation of his family to have studied medicine at that teaching hospital.
In pursuit of possible links between childhood vaccines, intestinal inflammation, and neurologic injury in children, Dr. Wakefield lost his job, his country, his career, and his medical license.
PDF of Media Advisory
Callous Disregard website
IF YOU'RE CHICAGO-BOUND, HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Register! Click this link or go to the rally website and sign up.
2. Buy your t-shirt and pick it up there. All rally gear items will be available for sale at the rally but quantities are limited.
3. Make a few signs. If you're stumped, here's a list of signs we've seen at other events. We offer them to you without endorsement or edits.
4. Save your space at the After Party at LaSalle Power Company. Tickets are $10pp until May 18, then $15pp online or at the door. If you're driving to Chicago, valet park your car at LaSalle. It's $11 starting at 1pm and then your car will be precisely where you need it... at the After Party!
5. If you're staying at the Westin O'Hare, reserve a spot on the bus. The buses depart from the hotel to Grant Park at 1:00 pm. You can even pre-order a delicious boxed lunch from Gourmet Gorilla. The return-trip buses offer two options. Go to our site and select the option that works best for you.
THE PLATFORM SPEAKERS
Our two-hour rally program will feature platform and rapid testimony speakers. Listed in alphabetical order, we proudly share our platform speakers:
▪ Michael Belkin. Michael will offer an analyst's view of the "vaccine bubble." Michael is a leading market strategist, author of the Belkin Report, published since 1992. His clients include hedge funds, investment banks, mutual funds, pension funds, and sovereign wealth funds. He was a Vice President in the equity department at Salomon Brothers where he was a quantitative strategist in global macro proprietary trading. Michael testified before Congress about his daughter, who died at the age of five weeks, about 15 hours after receiving her second Hepatitis B booster vaccine.
▪ Judith Converse, MPH, RD, LD. Judy will describe the American public health crisis. In addition to testifying before state and federal lawmakers on vaccine safety, she works closely with our most vulnerable and damaged children. An author of three books on the subject, Judy is a licensed registered dietitian specializing in pediatric special needs nutrition care since 1999.
▪ Louise Kuo Habakus. Louise is the lead organizer and emcee of the Rally. Through the selection of speakers and coordination of the rally program, she will show that the debate about vaccination choice reflects our deepest concerns in society today. Louise is a board-certified health practitioner specializing in homotoxicology and integrative nutrition. A former senior corporate executive, she is the founder of Life Health Choices and a founding board member of the Center for Personal Rights.
▪ Boyd Haley, PhD. Boyd will speak to the biochemical toxicity of vaccine components. He is Professor Emeritus and former Chairman of the Department of Chemistry at the University of Kentucky. He was an NIH Post Doctoral Scholar in the Department of Physiology at Yale Medical School. Boyd is the first scientist hired in the Markey Cancer Center at the University of Kentucky with academic appointments as professor in the College of Pharmacy and in the Department of Biochemistry of the University of Kentucky Medical Center. He is the founder and President of CTI Science, a biotechnology company. Boyd has testified as an expert witness in government hearings on the health hazards of mercury in vaccines and dental amalgams.
▪ Mary Holland, JD. Mary will tell us why vaccination choice is a human right. She teaches at New York University Law School and previously worked for the Lawyers Committee for Human Rights, a national human rights advocacy organization. Mary clerked for a federal district court judge, taught international human rights advocacy at Columbia Law School, served as a consultant to the Aspen Institute Justice and Society Program, and has practiced law at two international law firms. She is a founding board member of the Center for Personal Rights and the Elizabeth Birt Center for Autism Law and Advocacy.
▪ Robert D. Johnston, PhD. Professor Johnston will speak on the deep and powerful history of activism around vaccinations throughout American history. He is an associate professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago where he directs the Teaching of History program. He has also taught in the Yale History Department and at Yale Medical School. Robert is the author of several award-winning books and will publish another, under contract with Oxford University Press, on the contemporary vaccination safety movement and the democratization of medicine. He urges Americans to be proud of our successful tradition of dissent and democracy. He also challenges us to think about the ways that scholarship and advocacy have always been intermixed.
▪ Abdulkadir Khalif. Abdulkadir will address a microcosm of the immigrant experience with vaccination. Why is the reported rate of autism among US-born children of Somali refugees in Minnesota so high (an estimated 1 in 28 versus 1 in 110 for all US children)? Abdulkadir is the father of a little boy who stopped talking after receiving vaccines.
▪ Robert J. Krakow, JD. Bob will explain the recourse available to parents after their children are injured by vaccines. Responding to government public health exhortations, millions dutifully line up their children to receive 69 doses of 16 different vaccines by age 18. Bob is an attorney in private practice in NY, focusing on the trial of civil and criminal cases, specializing in the representation of persons injured by exposure to environmental toxins and vaccines, as well as legal services to individuals with disabilities.
▪ Amy Pingel. Amy is the mother of a thirteen year-old daughter who sustained two seizures and lost the ability to eat, walk and communicate three weeks after receiving her first dose of human papillomavirus (HPV) quadrivalent vaccine (Gardasil). Amy’s healthy, active, straight A daughter now breathes through a tracheotomy and receives nutrition via a feeding tube. Amy will explain that thousands of girls are having adverse reactions and at least sixty-seven girls have died following receipt of the HPV vaccine. She is part of a movement of parents committed to telling the truth about their children’s neurologic and other injuries.
▪ Captain Richard Rovet, RN, BSN, B-C (USAF ret). Captain Rovet recorded post-vaccination illnesses at Dover AFB in Delaware, Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio, and Keesler AFB in Mississippi. He will speak to the absence of informed consent for vaccines in the military, as told through the stories of our Gulf War veterans. Of the 700,000 troops deployed in 1990-1991, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs reports 300,000 Gulf War veterans have filed disability claims as of March 31, 2010.
▪ James S. Turner, JD. Jim will talk about the high stakes dangers involving outdated laws, underfunded government agencies, and powerful corporations driven by bottom-line profits. As Chairman of Citizens for Health, Jim is the nation's leading natural health freedom advocate. He is a principal in the law firm Swankin & Turner which represents businesses, consumer groups and individuals in regulatory matters involving food, drug, health, environmental and product-safety.
▪ William Wagner, JD. William is a tenured law school professor teaching ethics and constitutional law. A frequent speaker at world conferences, Professor Wagner passionately advocates for protecting freedom of expression, the free exercise of religious conscience and parental rights. He addresses executive, legislative, parliamentary, and judicial audiences throughout the world, and presents at various diplomatic forums including the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva. He previously served as a Federal Magistrate Judge, a U.S. Senate legal counsel, a Senior Assistant United States Attorney, and as an American Diplomat. Professor Wagner currently is President of Salt and Light Global and Vice-President of ParentalRights.org.
▪ Andrew J. Wakefield, MB, BS, FRCS, FRCPath. Dr. Wakefield is an academic gastroenterologist. He received his medical degree from St. Mary’s Hospital Medical School (part of the University of London) in 1981, one of the third generation of his family to have studied medicine at that teaching hospital. His remarks will underscore the central message of the rally, that vaccination choice is a fundamental human right. He will talk about the suppression of science and the real dangers to the universal childhood vaccination program due to the absence of free and informed consent. In pursuit of possible links between childhood vaccines, intestinal inflammation, and neurologic injury in children, Dr. Wakefield lost his job, his country, his career, and his medical license.
Rapid Testimony Speakers Next!
Imagine the message we would send if we all showed up? Join us.
Louise Kuo Habakus
and a growing list of volunteers and supporters