May 11, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
3:00 - 5:00 pm
Grant Park, Downtown Chicago
ANNOUNCING TWO NEW SPEAKERS
Amy Pingel. Amy is the mother of a thirteen year-old daughter who sustained two seizures and lost the ability to eat, walk and communicate three weeks after receiving her first dose of human papillomavirus (HPV) quadrivalent vaccine (Gardasil). Amy’s healthy, active, straight A daughter now breathes through a tracheotomy and receives nutrition via a feeding tube. Amy will explain that thousands of girls are having adverse reactions and at least sixty-seven girls have died following receipt of the HPV vaccine. She is part of a movement of parents committed to telling the truth about their children’s neurologic and other injuries.
William Wagner, JD. William is a tenured law school professor teaching ethics and constitutional law. A frequent speaker at world conferences, Professor Wagner passionately advocates for protecting freedom of expression, the free exercise of religious conscience, and parental rights. He addresses executive, legislative, parliamentary, and judicial audiences throughout the world, and presents at various diplomatic forums including the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva. He previously served as a Federal Magistrate Judge, a U.S. Senate legal counsel, a Senior Assistant United States Attorney, and as an American Diplomat. Professor Wagner currently is President of Salt and Light Global and Vice-President of ParentalRights.org.
MOTHERING MAGAZINE SUPPORTS THE RALLY!
They'll be sending out action alerts and posting an ad to their huge community of families inspired by their natural parenting leadership for nearly 35 years.
HOUSE PARTIES FOR PERSONAL RIGHTS
Virtual Participation - Buy Balloons
We will be live streaming the rally online to allow people all over the world to participate in the rally from their hometowns, and to be virtually represented in Chicago. You can participate two ways...
You can register your family as virtual participants, watch from home, and have the members of your family represented by balloons at the rally site in Chicago...
Register your virtual participation here: Virtual Participants
Throw a House Party
Attend or throw a local House Party for Personal Rights with others from your area who are interested in learning more about this important issue. Invite people to listen, with an open mind, to the professional and credentialed voices you did not hear on Frontline's "The Vaccine War"
If you can't find a living room big enough to hold your community, consider holding a satellite event and inviting the entire town! A satellite rally is just an oversized house party.
New Jersey Satellite
3:30 - 6:00 pm
2055 Lincoln Highway, Edison, NJ
RSVP: njcvcRSVP at yahoo dot com
The NJ Coalition for Vaccination Choice asks you to invite Governor Chris Christie to the rally and let him know that you haven't forgotten his campaign promise to support vaccination choice. New Yorkers are invited to attend or stay tuned. Albany location will be changed.
Greater Seattle Satellite
12 noon until 3:45pm
Large Meeting Room, Kent Library
212 Second Avenue North, Kent, WA 98032
RSVP: info at wyattshouse dot org
1. A computer with a web camera. A laptop with a built-in camera is easiest.
2. A High-Speed Internet Connection.
To set up your Satellite Rally and submit it to our team please do the following:
1. Go to ustream.tv and create an account.
2. Click on "Your Shows" at the top of the screen.
3. Go to "Create A New Show" (right side of screen).
4. Name your satellite (i.e., Albany Rally for Personal Rights) and click "Create."
5. Click on "Share Your Show" to copy entire URL.
7. The day of the event, login to ustream.tv and click on "Broadcast Now."
8. Follow any onscreen prompts.
9. Make sure to test your stream prior to the event.
If you are looking a local house party, check out our community forum. We will list them as they are put together. Can't find one in your area? Throw one! Contact us at Admin at AmericanPersonalRights dot org
IF YOU'RE CHICAGO-BOUND, HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Register! Click this link or go to the rally website and sign up.
2. Buy your t-shirt and pick it up there. All rally gear items will be available for sale at the rally but quantities are limited.
3. Make a few signs. If you're stumped, here's a list of signs we've seen at other events. We offer them to you without endorsement or edits.
4. Save your spot at the After Party at LaSalle Power Company. Tickets are $10pp until May 18, then $15pp online or at the door. If you're driving to Chicago, valet park your car at LaSalle. It's $11 all day and then your car will be precisely where you need it... at the After Party!
5. If you're staying at the Westin O'Hare, reserve a spot on the bus. The buses depart from the hotel to Grant Park at 1:00 pm. You can even pre-order a delicious boxed lunch from Gourmet Gorilla. The return-trip buses offer two options. Go to our site and select the option that works best for you.
If you are interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at our event, click HERE for more information. Then contact us.
We are expecting a great turnout of participants and national media attention. If you'd like to share the spotlight with us, we'd love to work with you.
THE GROWING LIST OF RALLY PLATFORM SPEAKERS
Our two-hour rally program will feature platform and rapid testimony speakers. A couple of notable leading voices will be added to this list soon. Listed in alphabetical order, we proudly share platform speakers:
▪ Michael Belkin. Michael will offer an analyst's view of the "vaccine bubble." Michael is a leading market strategist, author of the Belkin Report, published since 1992. His clients include hedge funds, investment banks, mutual funds, pension funds, and sovereign wealth funds. He was a Vice President in the equity department at Salomon Brothers where he was a quantitative strategist in global macro proprietary trading. Michael testified before Congress about his daughter, who died at the age of five weeks, about 15 hours after receiving her second Hepatitis B booster vaccine.
▪ Judith Converse, MPH, RD, LD. Judy will describe the American public health crisis. In addition to testifying before state and federal lawmakers on vaccine safety, she works closely with our most vulnerable and damaged children. An author of three books on the subject, Judy is a licensed registered dietitian specializing in pediatric special needs nutrition care since 1999.
▪ Louise Kuo Habakus. Louise is the lead organizer and emcee of the Rally. Through the selection of speakers and coordination of the rally program, she will show that the debate about vaccination choice reflects our deepest concerns in society today. Louise is a board-certified health practitioner specializing in homotoxicology and integrative nutrition. A former senior corporate executive, she is the founder of Life Health Choices and a founding board member of the Center for Personal Rights.
▪ Boyd Haley, PhD. Boyd will speak to the biochemical toxicity of vaccine components. He is Professor Emeritus and former Chairman of the Department of Chemistry at the University of Kentucky. He was an NIH Post Doctoral Scholar in the Department of Physiology at Yale Medical School. Boyd is the first scientist hired in the Markey Cancer Center at the University of Kentucky with academic appointments as professor in the College of Pharmacy and in the Department of Biochemistry of the University of Kentucky Medical Center. He is the founder and President of CTI Science, a biotechnology company. Boyd has testified as an expert witness in government hearings on the health hazards of mercury in vaccines and dental amalgams.
▪ Mary Holland, JD. Mary will tell us why vaccination choice is a human right. She teaches at New York University Law School and previously worked for the Lawyers Committee for Human Rights, a national human rights advocacy organization. Mary clerked for a federal district court judge, taught international human rights advocacy at Columbia Law School, served as a consultant to the Aspen Institute Justice and Society Program, and has practiced law at two international law firms. She is a founding board member of the Center for Personal Rights and the Elizabeth Birt Center for Autism Law and Advocacy.
▪ Robert D. Johnston, PhD. Professor Johnston will speak on the deep and powerful history of activism around vaccinations throughout American history. He is an associate professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago where he directs the Teaching of History program. He has also taught in the Yale History Department and at Yale Medical School. Robert is the author of several award-winning books and will publish another, under contract with Oxford University Press, on the contemporary vaccination safety movement and the democratization of medicine. He urges Americans to be proud of our successful tradition of dissent and democracy. He also challenges us to think about the ways that scholarship and advocacy have always been intermixed.
▪ Abdulkadir Khalif. Abdulkadir will address a microcosm of the immigrant experience with vaccination. Why is the reported rate of autism among US-born children of Somali refugees in Minnesota so high (an estimated 1 in 28 versus 1 in 110 for all US children)? Abdulkadir is the father of a little boy who stopped talking after receiving vaccines.
▪ Robert J. Krakow, JD. Bob will explain the recourse available to parents after their children are injured by vaccines. Responding to government public health exhortations, millions dutifully line up their children to receive 69 doses of 16 different vaccines by age 18. Bob is an attorney in private practice in NY, focusing on the trial of civil and criminal cases, specializing in the representation of persons injured by exposure to environmental toxins and vaccines, as well as legal services to individuals with disabilities.
▪ Amy Pingel. Amy is the mother of a thirteen year-old daughter who sustained two seizures and lost the ability to eat, walk and communicate three weeks after receiving her first dose of human papillomavirus (HPV) quadrivalent vaccine (Gardasil). Amy’s healthy, active, straight A daughter now breathes through a tracheotomy and receives nutrition via a feeding tube. Amy will explain that thousands of girls are having adverse reactions and at least sixty-seven girls have died following receipt of the HPV vaccine. She is part of a movement of parents committed to telling the truth about their children’s neurologic and other injuries.
▪ Captain Richard Rovet, RN, BSN, B-C (USAF ret). Captain Rovet recorded post-vaccination illnesses at Dover AFB in Delaware, Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio, and Keesler AFB in Mississippi. He will speak to the absence of informed consent for vaccines in the military, as told through the stories of our Gulf War veterans. Of the 700,000 troops deployed in 1990-1991, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs reports 300,000 Gulf War veterans have filed disability claims as of March 31, 2010.
▪ James S. Turner, JD. Jim will talk about the high stakes dangers involving outdated laws, underfunded government agencies, and powerful corporations driven by bottom-line profits. As Chairman of Citizens for Health, Jim is the nation's leading natural health freedom advocate. He is a principal in the law firm Swankin & Turner which represents businesses, consumer groups and individuals in regulatory matters involving food, drug, health, environmental and product-safety.
▪ William Wagner, JD. William is a tenured law school professor teaching ethics and constitutional law. A frequent speaker at world conferences, Professor Wagner passionately advocates for protecting freedom of expression, the free exercise of religious conscience and parental rights. He addresses executive, legislative, parliamentary, and judicial audiences throughout the world, and presents at various diplomatic forums including the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva. He previously served as a Federal Magistrate Judge, a U.S. Senate legal counsel, a Senior Assistant United States Attorney, and as an American Diplomat. Professor Wagner currently is President of Salt and Light Global and Vice-President of ParentalRights.org.
Stay tuned for more details.
SEE YOU IN TWO WEEKS!
Thank you for your support...
Louise Kuo Habakus
and a growing list of volunteers and supporters