You know you are missing India when you order curry every chance you get, wear colorful scarves every day and sing Christmas Hindi songs in the shower. The pictures and videos cannot do justice to all the smiles, laughter and joy I found in India. After arriving at the Good News Centre in Ranchi, India, with missionaries Rakesh and Lene Paul where I was supposed to spend the last four days of my trip, I instantly fell in love and changed my tickets to stay two more weeks over Christmas to be a part of their outreach efforts.
In 3 short years, they have established a network of 23 house churches, Youth Impact City Church with hundreds of kids and teens, Good News Football Club, dance classes, a Bible College at the Good News Centre and a Tailoring Center to sew beautiful Indo-Brazilian tops to support low-income women and their families. I brought back bunches with me to sell to support their ministry if you are interested.
Click here to see a short video on how you can be a part of the India adventure (my first webcam experience...haha).
All India pictures & videos are on our Facebook & YouTube pages.
Hoola for Happiness featured in international speaker & author Fawn Germer's video of India
What's up Next?
▪ 2012 Word of the Year: FOCUS (Matthew 6:33-34 "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.")
▪ 1/29: Hooping and volunteering at Feeding Children Everywhere's food packing event in Connecticut (opportunity to volunteer in Tampa on February 8 at DeBartolo to pack 250,000 meals for Ghana, Africa)
▪ February: Curitiba, Brazil- Donating fire hoop to Projeto Vida street ministry and working with their dance teachers
▪ February/March: Speaking at Girl Scouts event, SHINEgirl program with For the Girls International, CEO conference at University of Tampa with college entrepreneurship students
▪ Preparing for a Haiti trip again soon to visit several of our ministries...email me if you are interested in partnering.
I would love to update you in person when I am in town. Local hooping is happening all over Tampa at nonprofits and events...contact me if you know of a group of kids we can hoop with! You can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (770) 851-0546. Thank you for your prayers, your support and your encouragement!
In Christ's Abundant JOY,
Sing to the LORD; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. (Psalm 96:2-3)