I know many of you have been wondering where in the world I am, and I promised updates when things settled a bit. Well, "settled" is not really an adjective that describes me very well, but I do have to say I am very much at peace and excited about the doors God is opening through Hoola for Happiness.
Since I left my job July 29:
The last three months have been very exciting! God has provided each step of the way.
* Went to Open Door Haiti orphanage in Cape Haitian with Feeding Children Everywhere to take hoops
* Designed new H4H website: www.hoolaforhappiness.org
* Took 20 gospel hoops to Brazil to perform with Projeto Vida bus ministry in schools and villages
* Received our official 501(c)3 status last week!
We have some wonderful partners:
Feeding Children Everywhere
Chris Cervellera, Swerve Communications
David M. King, CPA, P.A.
Brent Britton, Gray Robinson
H4H Ambassadors: Kara Teresi, Lauren Ballard, Sera Manubens, Mandy Cloninger
What's up Next?
▪ 10/29: Speaking to college entrepreneurship students at a conference in Dallas this weekend about taking a leap of faith to start a nonprofit, cause marketing and social entrepreneurship
▪ 11/6: Speaking at South Tampa Fellowship's missions conference
▪ 11/5, 6 & 8: Hooping and volunteering at Feeding Children Everywhere's food packing events in Tampa (The Crossing Church and Kforce)
▪ 11-11-11: World Hoop Day
▪ 12/6: Taking hoops to Dubai to Nigerian women's leadership conference with bestselling author Fawn Germer
▪ 12/10: Taking hoops to India to Centre for Social Research working with women and children
▪ Christmas in Haiti at the Happy House, Petit Goave!!!!
▪ Planning our first "H4H JOY trip" in 2012 (Haiti or Brazil, or both!)
I would love to update you in person when I am in town. You can always email me at email@example.com or call me at (770) 851-0546. Thank you for your prayers, your support and your encouragement!
In Christ's Abundant JOY,
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. -II Timothy 1:7