April 30, 2010
ANOTHER PLATFORM SPEAKER SIGNS ON!
Less than four weeks to the rally and we are on a roll! Our big news to share is another amazing platform speaker:
▪ Michael Belkin. The drug industry is in serious decline. Michael will offer an analyst's view of the "vaccine bubble." Michael is a leading market strategist, author of the Belkin Report, published since 1992. His clients include hedge funds, investment banks, mutual funds, pension funds, and sovereign wealth funds. He was a Vice President in the equity department at Salomon Brothers where he was a quantitative strategist in global macro proprietary trading. Michael testified before Congress about his daughter, who died at the age of five weeks, about 15 hours after receiving her second Hepatitis B booster vaccine.
In case you missed last week's alert, scroll down and see the full list of speakers announced so far. And don't think for a moment that this is as good as it gets. We have some great surprises for you. Know this. You will hear some of the leading, professional, reasoned voices that you should have heard on Frontline earlier this week... but didn't.
So let's talk about Frontline. It is a program that was appreciated by many for its intrepid, fearless investigative news coverage. Was? Frontline disappointed many by showing its bias on Tuesday night with their program, The Vaccine War.
Most people did not know that Frontline left all the footage of pediatricians Dr. Jay Gordon and Dr. Robert Sears on the cutting room floor.
PBS had a prime-time opportunity to present the issues fairly and help advance the dialogue and bridge the gap. Instead, they gave us a slick and artfully edited sixty-minute commercial on vaccines. What was the takeaway from the program? Parents versus science. What should have been the takeaway? Science versus science, with parents caught in the middle.
JENNIFER MARGULIS ON THE AMERICAN RALLY FOR PERSONAL RIGHTS
The day after Frontline aired, I spent over an hour on the phone with Ashland mom, Professor Jennifer Margulis, the real star of "The Vaccine War." I'll let you read her feedback to the program in her own words. But here's what I want you to know. She supports the American Rally for Personal Rights.
But if you have concerns about the vaccine schedule and you believe in the right to refuse having your child injected with a pharmaceutical product that makes drug companies very wealthy, you are not alone. Despite the way it was depicted on PBS, this is not a fringe movement of hippie dippie woo woo Ashlanders and flighty celebrities. There’s a groundswell of parents in the United States who want to see the guidelines changed, though most of them prefer to stay safely in the closet... and keep their choices private. One such parent is Louise Kuo Habakus, founder of Life Health Choices, who is organizing the American Rally for Personal Rights.
HOUSE PARTIES AND SATELLITE RALLIES!
You can organize one, too!
Imagine. Hundreds of house parties attended by thousands of people across the country, gathering to watch the American Rally for Personal Rights.
We'll be unveiling our virtual participant feature on the site very soon. In the meantime, talk with your friends and neighbors. It's as simple as inviting a few people in your living room, hooking the computer to your TV, and watching the live webcast of the rally, real time, with all of us in Chicago. If your living room isn't big enough, find a bigger house... or a bigger space.
That's what our friends in Albany are doing. The New York Campaign for Liberty, New York Alliance for Vaccination Choice, Albany Vaccine Choice, along with New York State healthcare workers and concerned citizens, have booked the second floor of the OTB Teletheatre... a huge room with 35 television screens, two large screens, and a full-service bar. A private caterer will provide the food. There is no fee to use the room; however, a New York State Gambling Law limits participation to adults 18 and over, and levies a $2pp fee. Check out their first media advisory, in English and Spanish.
Contact us. We'll help you with the technology. It is not possible to host an easier rally. The speakers and program are set. You can modify our media advisories for your local contact information. And by joining together with people from across the country and the world, we can create an even bigger news story. This is a broad-based, mainstream movement of thoughtful, educated people coming together to affirm our rights to vaccination choice and parental consent.
IT'S TIME TO REGISTER NOW!
Who doesn't have friends or business in Chicago? You know you're thinking about it. Register! Click this link or go to the rally website and sign up. Check out our site for hotel deals and local attractions.
If your plans change and you can no longer attend the Rally, just return to the registration page, fill out the form again using the same e-mail address, and put "0" as the number of people attending.
If you are interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at our event, click HERE for more information. Then contact us.
We are expecting a huge turnout of participants and national media attention. If you'd like to share the spotlight, we'd love to work with you to structure a promotional opportunity that can benefit us both.
After making history in Grant Park, it's time to party! Join us at the LaSalle Power Company after the rally. We've reserved the entire second floor and booked deejay Andres Martinez to play our favorite rally songs and more. Wait out the rush hour traffic, mingle with rally speakers, press, volunteers, supporters, exhibitors, and friends.
It will help us out if you tell us that you're coming. Until May 18, party admission is just $10pp (kids are $2pp). Tickets will be $15pp after May 18 and also available at the door, if space is still available. Click HERE to save your spot. Your fee includes a wristband, one drink ticket, and light snacks. The drink ticket is good for one domestic draft or bottled beer or a well drink. We'll have juice boxes for the children.
Kids are definitely welcome. Most of us will be staying for dinner. The only rule is that guests under 21 must leave by 10:00 pm.
$11 VALET PARKING - THE BEST DEAL DOWNTOWN!
LaSalle Power Company is opening their valet parking service on rally day at 1:00 pm and giving us a great deal... $11 until closing, just for us. So plan ahead. It's only 1.5 miles from the rally site. Arrive early and park at LaSalle. Walk or cab to Grant Park to check out the exhibitors/giveaways. Stake out the best rally seats for the program that begins at 3:00 pm.
And your car will be precisely where you want it, when the After Party is over and you're ready to head home.
SUPPORT THE RALLY... DONATE AND BUY GEAR!
If we think small, we limit ourselves before we're out of the starting gate. When we think big, anything is possible. When we plan big... we also incur some huge bills!
If you support our message and our work, we need you to support the rally. In addition to many thousands of dollars in Grant Park permitting fees, we are required to hire a professional security firm, rent portable washrooms, a stage, podium and sound system, and more... it adds up. Please know that none of the speakers is being paid to address the rally.
So buy a shirt. And remember that your donations are tax-deductible.
Our volunteer teams are working feverishly and we need YOU. Click HERE, review the list and pick the one that's the best match for your skills and interest. Set up, clean up, self-marshalls, local carpooling, Rally gear sales, handouts, petition clipboards, music, social networking, community outreach, signage, satellite Rally organizers, and more...
There's no pressure to do more than you are able. If you care about these issues, volunteer a few hours or a few days. It's your chance to show that this cause is important to you.
THE GROWING LIST OF RALLY PLATFORM SPEAKERS
Our two-hour rally program will feature platform and rapid testimony speakers. A couple of notable leading voices will be added to this list soon. Listed in alphabetical order, we proudly share platform speakers:
▪ Michael Belkin. Michael will offer an analyst's view of the "vaccine bubble." Michael is a leading market strategist, author of the Belkin Report, published since 1992. His clients include hedge funds, investment banks, mutual funds, pension funds, and sovereign wealth funds. He was a Vice President in the equity department at Salomon Brothers where he was a quantitative strategist in global macro proprietary trading. Michael testified before Congress about his daughter, who died at the age of five weeks, about 15 hours after receiving her second Hepatitis B booster vaccine.
▪ Judith Converse, MPH, RD, LD. Judy will describe the American public health crisis. In addition to testifying before state and federal lawmakers on vaccine safety, she works closely with our most vulnerable and damaged children. An author of three books on the subject, Judy is a licensed registered dietitian specializing in pediatric special needs nutrition care since 1999.
▪ Louise Kuo Habakus. Louise is the lead organizer and emcee of the Rally. Through the selection of speakers and coordination of the rally program, she will show that the ascendant zeitgeist of vaccination is first and foremost a rights issue. Louise is a board-certified health practitioner specializing in homotoxicology and integrative nutrition. A former senior corporate executive, she is the founder of Life Health Choices and a founding board member of the Center for Personal Rights.
▪ Boyd Haley, PhD. Boyd will speak to the organic chemistry of vaccine ingredients. He is Professor Emeritus and former Chairman of the Department of Chemistry at the University of Kentucky. Boyd is the founder and President of CTI Science, a biotechnology company.
▪ Mary Holland, JD. Mary will tell us why vaccination is a human rights issue. She is a New York University law school professor and previously worked for several major U.S. law firms. She also worked at a major U.S. human rights advocacy organization, Human Rights First, as director of its European program. Mary clerked for a federal district court judge, taught international law courses at Columbia Law School, and served as a consultant to the Aspen Institute Justice and Society Program. She is a founding board member of the Center for Personal Rights, and the Elizabeth Birt Center for Autism Law and Advocacy.
▪ Abdulkadir Khalif. Abdulkadir will address a microcosm of the immigrant experience with vaccination. Why is the reported rate of autism among US-born children of Somali refugees in Minnesota so high (an estimated 1 in 28 versus 1 in 110 for all US children)? Abdulkadir is the father of a little boy who stopped talking after receiving vaccines.
▪ Robert J. Krakow, JD. Bob will explain the recourse available to parents after their children are injured by vaccines. Responding to government public health exhortations, millions dutifully line up their children to receive 69 doses of 16 different vaccines by age 18. Bob is an attorney in private practice in NY, focusing on the trial of civil and criminal cases, specializing in the representation of persons injured by exposure to environmental toxins and vaccines, as well as legal services to individuals with disabilities.
▪ Captain Richard Rovet, RN, BSN, B-C (USAF ret). Captain Rovet recorded post-vaccination illnesses at Dover AFB in Delaware, Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio, and Keesler AFB in Mississippi. He will speak to the absence of informed consent for vaccines in the military, as told through the stories of our Gulf War veterans. Of the 700,000 troops deployed in 1990-1991, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs reports 300,000 Gulf War veterans have filed disability claims as of March 31, 2010.
▪ James S. Turner, JD. Jim will talk about the high stakes dangers involving outdated laws, underfunded government agencies, and powerful corporations driven by bottom-line profits. As Chairman of Citizens for Health, Jim is the nation's leading natural health freedom advocate. He is a principal in the law firm Swankin & Turner which represents businesses, consumer groups and individuals in regulatory matters involving food, drug, health, environmental and product-safety.
Stay tuned for more details.
THERE ARE MANY PATHS TO CHICAGO
Come stand with us.
Louise Kuo Habakus
and a growing list of volunteers and supporters